You may be wondering how to watch IPTV on Roku, and this article will help you with that. IPTV is a technology that delivers TV shows and media content over the Internet, providing more programming options and flexibility. While Roku itself offers many streaming apps and channels, it does not directly support IPTV.
In this guide, we’ll cover how to add IPTV to your Roku device so you can enjoy IPTV programming on your Roku. We’ll provide you with easy-to-understand steps that will help you expand the capabilities of your Roku so that you can watch more TV shows and media content. Now, let’s explore how to watch IPTV on Roku!
What are the possible ways to watch IPTV content on a Roku?
There are no such IPTV apps in the Roku Channel Store. However, you can enable Developer Mode in your Roku’s settings and install these channels using specific channel codes.
Or you can use IPTV-enabled media server apps such as Plex or Emby, which can forward your IPTV streaming content to your Roku device for playback.
Or you can use Roku’s screen mirroring or casting features, such as Roku Screen Mirroring or Roku Casting, to transfer content from your device directly to the TV screen on your Roku device.
How to Install IPTV on Roku
Installing IPTV on Roku can be a bit challenging as Roku does not natively support IPTV apps. However, there are alternative methods you can try to add IPTV to your Roku device. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
- Enabling Developer Options on Roku
- Add the IPTV Smarters Channel
- Download the IPTV Smarters app on your PC
- Install IPTV Smarters on Roku
1. Enabling Developer Options on Roku
1. Turn on Roku, and on your remote, press the Home button 3 times. > Up button 2 times > Right > Left > Right > Left > Right.
2. You can see the Developer secret menu displayed on the screen.
3. Note down the IP address displayed on the screen.
4. Select Enable Installer and Restart button.
5. Note: In the below image, you are seeing Disable Installer and restart buttons because the Developer option has already been enabled.
6. After that, scroll down from the screen and select I Agree.
7. Create a web server password and select the Set password and reboot button.
Adding IPTV Smarters Channel
- From a web browser on your smartphone or PC browser, go to:https://channelstore.roku.com/.
- Log in with your Roku username and password.
- Click on the Profile icon and choose My Account from the drop menu.
- Under Manage Account, choose to Add a channel with a code.
- Enter the iptvsmarters in the required field and click on Add Channel.
- Click OK on the warning popup.
- On the confirmation page, click on Yes, Add channel.
Downloading IPTV Smarters Player on Your Computer
- On your PC browser, visit https://otviptv.shop/smarters.apk to download the IPTV Smarters app’s file.
- Next, save the IPTV Smarters package in a convenient location on your PC for easy access.
Installing IPTV Smarters on Roku
- Open a PC browser and visit the IP address you noted down earlier.
- Now, enter the username Rokudev and the web server password you created earlier to sign in to your account.
- On the next page, select the Upload button.
- Go to the location where you have saved the IPTV Smarters package and open it to upload.
- Click on Install once the IPTV Smarters file is uploaded.
- Finally, the IPTV Smarters app will be installed on your Roku.
How to Watch IPTV on Roku By Screen Mirroring
To stream IPTV on your Roku-connected TV, follow these steps:
- Install the Smart IPTV app on your device.
- Enable screen mirroring on your Roku device.
- Use the cast or mirror option on your device to display IPTV content on your TV.
Ensure that screen mirroring is enabled on your Roku to successfully enjoy IPTV on your television.
Screen Mirror IPTV on Roku using Android
- 1: Plug in your Roku device to the HDMI port on the TV.
- 2: Connect your Mobile and Roku device to the same WiFi.
- 3: Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- 4: Search for the Smart IPTV app and select the app from the search result.
- 5: Install and launch the Smart IPTV app on your mobile device.
- 6: Enter your IPTV login credentials and subscription details into the app.
- 7: Go to Settings and choose Connection & Sharing option.
- 8: Select Cast and tap the Cast toggle to enable it. You can also click the Cast icon on the Notification Panel on your smartphone.
- 9: It will search for nearby devices connected to the same network as your mobile is connected.
- 10: Select your Roku device from the search result.
- 11: Choose either Accept or Always Accept on the Roku-connected TV screen.
- 12: Now, your TV screen will display the contents of your mobile screen. Open the Smart IPTV app on your mobile and stream any IPTV content. It will be displayed on your TV screen.
Screen Mirror IPTV on Roku from iOS Decvice
The Roku device itself does not support screen mirroring or casting features directly from iOS devices. If your Roku device supports AirPlay or Google Cast functionality, you can use the appropriate technology to cast IPTV content from your iOS device to your Roku device.
1. Get the Smarters Players Lite app from the App Store.
2. Install the app and launch it.
3. Accept the terms and conditions.
4. if you have an M3U URL, select the Load your M3U file/URL button.
5. If you have a username and password, select the Xtream Codes API button.
6. Enter the necessary credentials and click the Add User button.
7. IPTV content will now start loading on the Smarters Players Lite app.
8. After that, pull down the Control Center and click on the Screen Mirroring icon.
9. Select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
10. Your iOS device’s screen will now be mirrored to the Roku.
11. You can now return to the Smarters Players Lite app and mirror your favorite IPTV content to your Roku.
Read: M3U vs Xtream Codes
You can subscribe to the OTV IPTV service if you have not yet obtained your login credentials.
Screen Mirror IPTV on Roku Using PC
To screen mirror IPTV content from a PC to your Roku device, you can use the screen mirroring functionality available on Windows 10 or use a third-party casting application. Here are the steps for each method:
Using Windows 10’s Built-in Screen Mirroring:
- Make sure your PC and Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your PC, press the Windows key + P or go to Settings > System > Display.
- In the “Multiple displays” section, click on “Connect to a wireless display.“
- Windows will search for available devices. Select your Roku device from the list.
- Once connected, your PC screen should be mirrored on your Roku device.
- Open your IPTV application or website on your PC and start playing the desired content. It will be mirrored on your Roku-connected TV.
Best IPTV Services for Roku (Unverified)
If you want to subscribe to an IPTV service for your Roku device, we’ve got a selection of unverified IPTV services for you, which means these aren’t directly searchable in the app store.
These IPTV service subscription fees and content are often more appealing than traditional TV.
But we can’t guarantee that every unverified IPTV service is reliable, and they can face closure at any time, like when Typhoon Lab shut down.
Sound a little worried? You can absolutely use VPN protection in the process.
With 15000+ Live TV channels and 20000+ Movies & Series, King IPTV is compatible with all devices or IPTV players. Try their service for free for 24 hours.
OTV IPTV offers more than 9,000 iptv channels from USA, UK, Arabia and other countries, and 50,000 VOD movies & series. There is also a 24-hour free trial
Get access to 6,000+ live TV channels, including exclusive sports channels, and more services. The website offers tutorials for easy installation on various devices like smart TVs, Windows PC, Macs, Android, Amazon Fire TVs, and more.
Apollo Group TV has 1000 HD channels and over 5000 VODs. Contains various types. offers a feature-rich service that includes an EPG, PPV (Pay-Per-View) events, live sports, and a diverse range of categories such as sports, entertainment, news, and kids’ content.
With 150,000+ live TV channels on Roku. In addition, to live TV channels, you will also get on-demand content. All the content available in the IPTV can be streamed on 4K quality,
Providing over 8,000 live channels, shows, and movies to watch on your TV screen, SSTV IPTV is a quick choice for many looking for IPTV on Roku. It now has apps on all sorts of devices, so you can expand watching past your Roku device.
Iconic Streams is one of the most used IPTV providers, offering over 3,500 live TV channels, PPV (pay-per-view), up to two connections, 5,500 VOD (Video on Demand), and other features at an affordable price.
Best Legal IPTV Services for Roku
If the above unverified IPTV services are not to your satisfaction, then the following list of Roku IPTV apps are perfectly legitimate, all of which you can find in the official Roku Channel Store.
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu provides a comprehensive streaming experience by offering a wide range of on-demand content and lives TV channels in one place. The subscription plans include a $9.99/month and $12.99/month option for on-demand content only, while the $69.99/month plan grants access to both live TV and on-demand content. With Hulu on Roku devices, you can enjoy unlimited access to the entire library of on-demand content and live TV channels. As a bonus, Hulu offers a one-month free trial for all new users.
With over 85 live TV channels, YouTube TV provides a wide range of entertainment, news, sports, and other content. Starting at $64.99 per month, the subscription offers great value. First-time users can also take advantage of a special offer of $54.99 per month for the first three months. If you’re eagerly anticipating the NBA Finals, you can exclusively access them through the YouTube TV app. To enjoy YouTube TV on your Roku device, follow our helpful guide for installing the YouTube TV app.
Sling TV, the pioneering app-based IPTV service, is exclusively available in the United States. It offers three package options: Sling Orange for $40/month, Sling Blue for $45/month, and the combined pack (Sling Orange + Blue) for $60/month. Additionally, Sling TV provides a generous 14-day free trial. To access Sling TV on your Roku device, simply install the Sling TV app from the Channel Store.
Philo is a leading IPTV provider that boasts over 60 channels and unlimited DVR recording. With a convenient seven-day free trial, you can explore the service and take advantage of various add-ons. Additionally, Philo allows streaming on up to three devices simultaneously and supports up to ten profiles per account, offering a flexible and personalized viewing experience.
Can I get IPTV on my Roku?
To add these apps to your Roku, all you need to do is open Roku’s home menu by pressing the home button. After this, select “Streaming Channels”. After this, you will see a plethora of IPTV services that are likely completely free to download. Select the app you would like, and then click “Add Channel”
Can you jailbreak a Roku?
As Roku runs on a standalone OS, jailbreaking a Roku device is a difficult task. You can learn about jailbreak firestick, jailbreak chromecast here
Does IPTV work on Roku?
Given that IPTV refers to television content delivered via the internet, there are numerous IPTV services accessible on Roku. These encompass popular platforms such as HBO Max, Disney+, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and many others.
Does Roku cost a monthly fee?
Roku adopts a one-time payment model instead of a monthly subscription for its streaming services. However, if desired, users have the option to pay for specific content on the device, such as Netflix or Hulu. It’s important to note that Roku will never impose any fees for activation or account creation.
How can I watch Roku in the UK?
you don’t need a Roku device or Hisense Roku TV to get The Roku Channel. It is also available on Amazon Fire TV and NOW TV devices and Samsung TVs. You can also download the Roku: Official Remote Control app on iOS and Android devices – The Roku Channel is available for free within that app.
Are all Roku channels legal?
Roku uses all free and paid legal channels to bring you streaming media, so legality is not an issue here. If you care about the legal purity of the issue, then you should not worry. Roku is not breaking the law in any way, as it was originally created to play licensed content.
Can You Install IPTV on Roku?
On Roku, there are actually a number of different IPTV services to choose from since IPTV is television content delivered over the internet. These include HBO Max, Disney+, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and more.
In order to add these apps to your Roku, you simply press the Home button to open the Roku’s main menu. Then, select Streaming Channels. Under this option, you will see a large number of IPTV services, some of which may be completely free.
Browse and select your favorite apps, then click “Add Channel”. Once you’ve finished adding, you’ll need to wait for the app to install, but once it’s done, you’ll be able to access all the content on that IPTV service. However, please note that some IPTV services may require you to pay a fee before you can watch the content on them.
We have covered several ways to watch IPTV on Roku, hopefully these have helped you in some way. If you have any other questions, please leave a comment or contact us.